How to package and distribute your Python code
In this presentation to the Pittsburgh Python Users group, I aimed to address the following topics:
- Turning your python code into an open source package, distributed and installable with pip.
- How to break up a monolithic codebase into independently managed packages.
- The benefits of python packaging for open source and internal projects.
My slides for the talk can be found here:
The “Python Packaging Users Guide” is a consistently updated resource for how to package python code, and should be your main resource for packaging python code. It is linked below, along with some other resources.
- Python Packaging Users Guide
- Python Package Authority Sample Project
- Writing Python 2 & 3 Compatible Packages
Any questions, comments, suggestions about this post? Or anything else? Feel free to send me an email: TheErikSwanson@gmail.com.